Sunday, July 17, 2011

I love a mystery (and a finish)

Hello and welcome to the new followers of my blog.  I appreciate that you spend a little bit of your precious time to look at what I have been up to.  I love checking to see what everyone else has been doing - everyone is so inspiring with their beautiful stitching and quilting.

I have to admit I have trouble resisting a mystery project and so I had to join the With Thy Needle and Thread mystery Sampler - Birds of a Feather.  Suffice to say, with a postal strike (I ordered my supplies from Canada) and the need for the supplies to have a long plane flight and the "rapidity" of Australia Post I received my first part the day the last part of the mystery was revealed.  I may like a mystery, but I have no will-power when it comes to not-peeking!

I am using the Weeks Dye Works floss as charted and the WDW confederate grey linen (35 count).  This is going to give it a very antique feel to it.  I am still waiting for a couple of flosses but they will appear with my next package.

Here is my floss toss


I could not resist doing a little bit of it, and will post a piccie soon.

I have done some other stitching this weekend as well, and as it was the third weekend in the month it was IHSW (International Hermit and Stitching Weekend).  It is organised by Joyce at Random Ramblings, and over 30 people have joined this weekend.

I finished 5 Golden Rings (Nora Corbett - 12 days of Christmas) on Saturday and was so excited I dropped it in at the framer.  Several hours later I realised I had missed an isolated bead - oops!  I will call tomorrow as I am sure they haven't done anything yet and will drop in to fix my forgetful boo-boo.  If it is too late it is very difficult to see where it should be.

It is very sparkly again!






I only have a couple of leaves to do on the tomato panel of Baroque Gardens - the tomatoes are all stitched.  I will post a photo when it is finished - the over one takes time and does not grow very quickly.

Hope everyone has had a good stitching weekend (IHSW or otherwise) and I look forward to seeing what everyone has done

Take care

15 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

Oh, Wendy, Five Gold Rings is stunning. Love all the sparklies on it!! Glad you saw the error before it's framed. Much easier to fix that way! Glad you got your BoaF supplies finally. It's a pretty floss toss. Love the colors you'll be using! Can't wait to see your start. I'm participating in IHSW too. Got lots done the first two days, and I'm planning to go stitch in just a few for the Sunday portion of the program.

Siobhán said...

International Hermit Stitching Weekend!? How did I miss that? What a great idea. LOL Your 5 Golden Rings is gorgeous!! I know pictures never capture the sparkle and magic of a Mirabilia/Nora Corbett design. Love the floss toss for the mystery, too. I had to LOL--I'd never be able to not look at the final installment, either!

Pauline said...

What a great and sparkling work you have made! I love the rings!! They look almost real.

Esther said...

WOWWWW it's gorgeous! Never saw this one before....and I love it!
Looking forward to your mystery work.....the flosses look great!

Unknown said...

Your rings look fab and for the next project, i love the colors of the threads and hope to see more soon.

Hugs Yvon.

Lissanne said...

I love your 5 Golden Rings! You seem to do them so fast!! Love your floss toss, I can't wait to see your start. It looks like it will be so pretty, I just can't seem to start anything other than Chats right now, lol.

Joysze said...

First off, LOVE your new background, Wendy. :D It's so girlie and delicate.

WHOOOT on 5 Golden Rings. Looks fab. This is going to be such a monumental achievement when you're done with this series. Sooooo, when do you start the 6 Geese a Laying? :D

Love your floss toss, can't wait to see a pic!

Lainey said...

Lovely sparkly ring finish!

Jennifer M. said...

Very pretty! I'm working on a Nora Corbett fairy right now and I'm loving the intricate bead work. It is a slow process but it is very rewarding when you see the final result.

Great Job!

Jen

Gabi said...

5 Rings are looking gorgeous. It must be so very sparkling. Love those Nora Corbett designs.
Looking forward to see your start and progress on the Mystery Sampler :)

Delphyne said...

5 Golden Rings turned out beautiful! I can see why you rushed it to the framer. :)

Carol said...

The colors for that mystery sampler are so soft and lovely, Wendy--every time I see this posted on someone's blog, I fall in love with it all over again. I'll look forward to watching yours grow.

Congratulations on your rings finish, too!

The Maiden said...

Congratulations on your finish (and your new mystery start- that is always the fun part)!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love the 5 rings. I'm really enjoying your 12 Days of Christmas.

I'm finding myself obsessed with Mystery and part-works this year too. Looking forward to seeing your progress on this one.

butterfly said...

love your finish, can't wait to see what the mystery stitch will be love the colours.