Monday, April 11, 2011

No stitching but the postman delivered a parcel

Hi

I have been away for work this weekend.  Very busy weekend and absolutely no time for stitching and very little done last week either.  There is almost a third french hen and that is all I did.

I am not sure I will get much stitching done in the rest of this month either.  I am away the next two weekend first visiting my mother and then doing a 6 day walk in Tasmania.

On the plus side the postman delivered a parcel.  I have got my fabric and about half the floss for Chatelaine Chinese Garden Mandala.  I have ordered my kit from stitches and spice (here in Australia) and Naomi will send the rest of the floss and the beads when she gets them.  I am stitching this one on 32 count linen in Wintered Marble, also from Stitches and Spice.  I love what has arrived so far and it is enough to make a start on Part 1.



I also received my pattern for 4 calling birds (Nora Corbett), the fabric and the sparkly bits that I did not already have to stitch this one.  Very nice colours in this design as well.  I will take french hens and calling birds with me when I go to visit Mum.



Might have to do a bit of Chinese Garden tonight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your new stash is looking good, i will be looking forward to your updates.
I hope you'll have a nice walk in Tasmania.

Hugs Yvon.

Joysze said...

Oh Wendy.... I'm so excited for you!!!! Can't wait to see your CG start. :D Enjoy your weekend with your mom and Tasmania. A 6 day walk.... *cringe* Better you than me, girlie. Hehehehe.