Friday, February 25, 2011

A Birthday Quilt

While I mostly stitch I have become more interested in quilting.  I love the wonderful variety of fabrics available and I have to admit to now having a bit of a stash of quilting fabrics.

These photos are of the only quilt I have finished so far and I made this for my mother for one of those significant birthdays.  The fabric is Posh from Moda and this was a Jelly Roll quilt with some extra fabric for the borders and the cream squares.

I quilted it myself and was very happy with how it turned out.  I have done a couple of machine quilting classes.  It is backed in a green fabric.


The following photos show some of the quilting detail


I have 3 other quilt tops completed but have not got around to quilting them yet. 

I get to collect partridge from the framer's tomorrow and will drop off 2 turtle doves at the same time.

I have a goal this year to get everything that I have collected (stitching or otherwise) framed and displayed.

Happy stitching


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your quilt looks great, i love the colors, it reminds me of summer.

Hugs Yvon.

Anne Marieke said...

Wow, that's beautiful. Your mother is a lucky lady!